Friday, October 3, 2008



The Vice Presidential debate last night has spurred many thoughts in Shelly world. I am proud that my daughter will witness this historical election. Regardless of the results, Mariah will be able to witness the first African American president or the first female Vice President. While the past eight years I have been ashamed of the leaders of this country, I am never ashamed to be American. How wonderful that we live in a country where the color of your skin or your gender does not matter?! We certainly have a long way to go - but I am thankful for Obama and Palin for breaking down the barriers and proving anything is possible!

The next month will be interesting to say the least. Despite my FULL support for Obama, a small part of me can't help but smile at the thought of Palin in office...the glass ceiling is finally breaking! An impactful message to little girls and women all over this country is being heard 'Women really can do anything.'

My sister is scheduled for her c-section on Election day - what a proud and historical day this is going to be for our family! President Mariah Musser? It has a nice ring!

No comments: