Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Princess Mariah





So we celebrated Mariah's third birthday this past Saturday. With the passing of Scott's Mom on Tuesday, it was bittersweet. Scott and I decided to proceed with the party as that is what we felt Marianne (Scott's mom) would have wanted us to do. It served as a good distraction and offered all of us some much needed smiles and laughter!

Mariah's party was princess themed (per her request). While this was her request...I took it and ran with it and kicked into major girly girl mode! From the tumble bus to a visit from Snow White herself, we have memories that will last forever! Yes. Yes. I know...everyone keeps telling me, "Mariah is too little. She won't remember the party." Well to those people I say 'The look on Mariah's face when Snow White walked into the room was priceless. It is a memory I will personally remember for the rest of my life. We have photos. We have video. Mariah will remember because we will help her hold onto those memories. I believe it was worth it for the PURE EXCITEMENT and HAPPINESS she felt for that day, even if short lived. While tumbling on the tumble bus, Princess Mariah grabbed my leg, looked up with her big blue eyes, and said 'Mommy I'm happy. I love you,' and gave my leg a kiss before trotting off to do more gymnastics (and I have it on video). All the planning, all the money spent, was worth it right then and there.'

The passing of Scott's Mom has helped me realize how short life can be. You're only three once and can only believe in fairytales for so long! As I mentioned, the celebration was bittersweet. I miss not being able to call up Marianne and tell her all about the new things Mariah is doing or how amazing her party was - but I know Marianne was there with us in spirit...laughing the entire time. Marianne's passing did bring Scott's father home to us and I feel blessed he was able to share in Mariah's day. Mariah was able to celebrate her birthday with both 'Papas!' I think that is amazing. As adults, we take time with our parents and loved ones for granted. Thank you to Marianne for reminding me to cherish every moment I have with the ones I love.

No comments: