One of my least favorite things about being a Mommy is the worrying. I am a worrier. As Moms it is our job to worry, but I have special worry talents and can take it to a whole new worry level!
When something is not right in Mariah's little world, I want to fix it. I am not talking about when Mariah gets upset because Mommy or Daddy says no to a candy bar or yet another episode of Hannah Montana, but rather when you just know something is off. Something is just off with MG and Scott and I are at our wits ends trying to figure it all out.
Sleepless nights, having potty accidents again (despite being potty trained), emotional and behavioral outburst at school and at home and really difficult drop offs at school (daycare).
So, as a parent do I chalk it up as developmental? Changes at home? Changes at school? Sickness? My head is spinning. Where do I begin?
My tactic is simple. I am attacking from all angles. SUPER MOMMY POWER - I can and WILL figure this out!
First I called the Doctor's office. Perhaps Mariah has a bladder infection that is causing all the accidents and grumpiness. That would explain a lot. Right? I am grumpy and emotional when I am sick.
Next, a call to the Director at daycare about the new daycare teacher in Mariah's room. I don't have anything solid to report other than I am personally uncomfortable around this teacher so perhaps my child is as well. Mariah has had ample time to get adjusted to this teacher, yet continues to have meltdowns when we drop her off in the morning. Lets just say it may be a personality conflict between Mariah and this particular teacher. She's a close talker and she tries REALLY hard to engage in conversation about somewhat strange things....
Or could it be Mariah has picked up on the sadness in our house regarding the loss of Scott's mother? While I hesitate to shrug this off (I know they say kids sense sadness) - we have really sheltered her from everything. She doesn't understand death. She did not attend the memorial service. We talk about "MayMay" to keep her memory alive...granted we do talk about MayMay being in heaven which is way up high. But to a little girl who stands three feet off the ground...Mom and Daddy are 'way up high' too.
Perhaps it is all the talk about her going to a classroom in a few weeks. She has historically struggled with classroom changes. She isn't having any emotional problems in that room that have been reported...and she told Scott and I she likes her new room.
The doctor just called and said her symptoms do not sound 'infectious' and they do not think she needs to be seen. Guess what Nurse Jenny...Mommy's on a mission, I apologize in advanced for my insistence. Never mind, no, no I don't. I simply insist she be checked out for a UTI. If it is negative I know what it's not! It will be one less worry on the Mommy worry chart.
The anxiety I feel seems so silly. She's going to be fine, I know this. But I am seriously fighting the urge to run to daycare right now and rescue her. Hold her. Talk to her. Let her know I am working on making it all better. Sigh. I worry too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment