Last week (Wednesday) little MG came down with a touch of a stomach bug. Scott, of course, was conveniently out of town (the way it always happens) when she started vomiting at 2:00 am. She proceeded to get sick every 1/2 hour from that point forward until about 10:00 am. By then - we had an entire system...ponytail (CHECK) - headband by the toilet (CHECK) and a bowl by the bed (just in case). It was a difficult few hours, but all in all THANKFULLY (somewhat) short lived. No fever...and by 10:00 am she was bopping around the house like her usual self.
Monday I came down with some kind of vicious stomach bug...perhaps the same one MG had. Vicious is not an exaggeration. I seriously thought I was going to die. At one point I literally thought - "Just let me lay here and drown in the toilet water I just got sick in. PLEASE!" Then I got a tap, tap, tap at my shoulder. It was Mariah smiling "Mommy - you make me so happy. You got sick in the toilet. Good job Mommy! You need to wear my headband otherwise...Mommy you will have to take a bath." How could I not feel better after that? My daughter is precious!
MG took care of me all night long. Rubbing my back (while proceeding to climb and bounce all over the bed), getting me extra covers when I was cold, waking me up to make sure my tummy felt better, and insisting I watch Hannah Montana with her so she could be close to Mommy. Every single time I got sick - there she was to coach me through. Mariah will make a really good Mommy someday! She's so darn cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment